The wellbeing services counties are responsible for organising pharmaceutical services in their regions. The Finnish Medicines Agency Fimea is a national pharmaceutical authority in charge of regulating and developing the pharmaceutical sector.
On this website, we have collected our key services and information sources that support the wellbeing services counties:
- availability of medicines
- safe and economical use of medicines
- guidance, planning and development of pharmaceutical services
- compliance with legislation concerning the pharmaceutical sector
- supervision tasks of medical devices and guidance of manufacturer’s of medical devices
- supervision of blood and tissue establishments, and organ transplant activities
- inspection activities within utilization of gene technology according to current law, and the supervision of Finnish biobanks
Our aim is to help the wellbeing services counties with organising operations related to our area and with knowledge-based management.