The research network for rational pharmacotherapy will convene for a seminar on 21 August – do join us!
The research network for rational pharmacotherapy will convene for a joint and open seminar on 21 August that is intended for all those researchers whose research interests relate to rational pharmacotherapy and who are interested in networking opportunities.
The theme of the seminar is “Rational medicine use within the social and healthcare systems: Effective use of Research Data”, and it will be arranged on 21 August 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm at Fimea (Mannerheimintie 103, 1st floor), Helsinki, Finland. Webcast from the seminar can also be watched at Fimea’s premises in Kuopio (Microkatu 1).
During the morning session, we will hear presentations from three international keynote speakers addressing the following topics:
- Professor Alan Lyles, University of Baltimore: International perspective on High cost medicines – how to make them affordable
- Professor Heikki Ruskoaho, University of Helsinki: Finnish perspective on High cost medicines – how to make them affordable
- Professor Shane Desselle, Touro University, California: Promoting Rational Pharmacotherapy in Various Systems
An important part of the seminar will be networking and discussion on the value and focus of the research network for rational pharmacotherapy: what kind of operations would best serve the researchers working on the subject?
In addition to the commentary addresses asked from various stakeholders, researchers and research groups will have an opportunity to present their lines of research in the form of a three-minute pitch. The objective is to provide an overview of the research carried out in various disciplines in the field of rational pharmacotherapy so as to promote networking and collaboration. We encourage the participants to bring with them any material they consider best for the purposes of networking and presenting their own research.
Researchers and research groups:
You will get a change to give a short pitch about your research in the seminar. To do so:
- Indicate the topic of your pitch when signing up.
- You may use Power Point slides or talk without them.
- You will have a maximum of three minutes. After that, your talk will be interrupted.
- The purpose is not to present the results of a specific study but research topics at large and also the special methodological competencies of the researcher or the research group.
Mark the date in your calendar, sign up for the seminar and join us for new networking opportunities!
The conference venue will accommodate up to 100 people in the order of registration. You may sign up to attend the seminar in Helsinki (the actual seminar) or Kuopio (to watch the webcast) by 10 August 2018 at:
The webcast from the seminar can also be watched without a separate sign-up. The link will be published on the Fimea website prior to the opening of the event.
Research strategy for rational pharmacotherapy serving as the basis for the operation of the network
The operation of the research network for rational pharmacotherapy was started towards the end of 2017. The operation of the research network is based on the Research strategy for rational pharmacotherapy. Prepared as part of the Rational Pharmacotherapy Action Plan of the current Government Programme, the research strategy was published together with the other reports prepared under the action plan.
The network is open for new participants and can be signed up for by sending e-mail to Head of Research and Development Katri Hämeen-Anttila. A combined description of the personal data file and privacy statement concerning the personal data file generated for the research network for rational pharmacotherapy can be found from the Fimea website.
- Katri Hämeen-Anttila, Head of Research and Development, tel. +358 29 522 3513
- Johanna Jyrkkä, Researcher, tel. +358 29 522 3514
- E-mail address format: firstname.lastname@example.org