Clinical trial materials can be sent electronically for the duration of the post office strike
During the work stoppage at Finland’s post office, Fimea will exceptionally allow materials related to clinical trials to be sent electronically to Fimea’s service email clinicaltrials @ fimea.fi. Large files must be zipped. However, materials sent only electronically during this exception period must be sent by post (paper and CD/memory sick), at the earliest possible time. The cover letter for this postal delivery must include a reference to the previous electronic submission.
Fimea has already reported on the electronic submission of annual drug safety update reports (DSUR) starting from 18 November, but due to the strike reports can exceptionally be sent already now via the CESP.
Read more on the effects of the strike on the Posti website
- Suvi Mantere, Clinical Trials Coordinator, tel. +358 (0)295 223 390
- Eija Mikkonen, Clinical Trials Coordinator, tel. +358 (0)295 223 393
- Anne Aalto, Clinical Trials Coordinator, tel. +358 (0)295 223 449
- Mari Pirttimäki, Clinical Trials Coordinator, tel. +358 (0)295 223 380
- The e-mail address format for Fimea personnel is email@example.com