Manufacturers domiciled in Finland shall notify their contact details and information on the products they manufacture for the product register maintained by the Finnish Medicines Agency Fimea if the manufacturer
1) in its own name places medical devices on the market
2) puts together systems and procedure packs to form medical devices for the purpose of placing these on the market in its own name
3) sterilizes systems, procedure packs or medical devices bearing a CE marking.
An authorised representative established in Finland is required to submit a similar notification.
Manufacturers are obliged to notify of devices deemed to be high-risk, including IVDs intended for self-testing and devices containing substances of human origin.
The party submitting the notification shall be
- entitled to represent the company or entrepreneur
- an authorized manufacturer’s representative, or
- another party responsible for placing the medical device on the market
Notifications concerning IVDs and the manufacture of medical devices shall be submitted on the designated form.
Notification shall be submitted before placing the device on the market or making it available on the market, or when the device has been submitted for performance evaluation.
- Operator’s notification form for operators who are liable to submit a notification to Fimea’s CERE register: Medical device operator’s notification form (pdf)
- NOTE! An operator who distributes to retailers, healthcare and social welfare operators and other professional users shall submit an operator’s notification to Fimea's CERE register by 21 December 2021 at the latest.
- Distributor’s device information notification form (import to Finland) (Excel)
- Device notification form for a distributor if the device is an IVD device intended for self-testing or a device containing substances of human origin