The Medicines Information Network, that started its operations in 2012, is renewed for the period 2021-2026.
The Medicines Information Network has the following working groups that base its work on the National Medicines Information Strategy’s goals:
- Up-to-date information about medications provides the basis for rational medicinal treatment
- Medicine user involvement ensures the success of the medicinal treatment
- Reliable medicines information is user-oriented and correctly targeted
- A social and health care professional has the medicinal treatment competence required for the work task
- Research and follow-up
- Pharmaceutical communicators
Fimea is supported by the Medicines Information Coordination Group that coordinates the Medicines Information Network. The working groups base their activities on the updated National Medicines Information Strategy called ‘The Medicine User at the Centre of Medicines Information 2021-2026’.
The operation of the network is based on the medicines information development projects pursued by each working group. The operations are based on the National Medicines Information Strategy. The operations of the Medicines Information Network can be followed on Innokylä website. Innokylä website hosts memos of the teams' meetings as well as their action plans (in Finnish).
Subscribe to the Medicines Information Network newsletter (in Finnish)