Seeking new members: Participate in European Pharmacopoeia groups of experts and working parties
New members are being sought for groups of experts and working parties of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph.Eur.) for a the three-year term, from 2022 to 2025. The registration period for candidates will end on 5 September 2022.
The European Pharmacopoeia and related activities
The European Pharmacopoeia is a set of standards published by the Council of Europe that contains binding quality requirements for medicinal substances, excipients and medicinal products. The preparatory work of the pharmacopoeia is coordinated by the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) in Strasbourg.
The preparation of texts of the European Pharmacopoeia is carried out by groups of experts and working parties appointed by the European Pharmacopoeia Commission. The aim is to produce appropriate texts for the needs of different stakeholders. New members are now being sought for groups of experts and working parties.
Registering as a candidate
Representatives of stakeholders (such as the pharmaceutical industry, authorities, pharmacies, universities) who have the relevant expertise and possibility to attend meetings in Strasbourg a few times a year are invited to register as candidates. The work is not remunerated and participation costs are borne by each member (Fimea does not participate in the costs). Read more about the tasks of groups of experts and working parties and the expertise required for each group: Terms of Reference and Profile for Members.
Candidates are to meet the following requirements:
- relevant expertise
- sufficient motivation and active participation in Ph.Eur. expert work
- possibility to attend meetings in Strasbourg a few times a year
- laboratory testing capability (a requirement in almost all groups)
- ability to work independently and as a group member
- proficiency in English
In addition, the following traits are appreciated:
- ability to find solutions to problems
- a diplomatic, constructive attitude towards representatives of different Member States
If you are interested and would like to register as a candidate,
- please read the Terms of Reference and Profile for Members document carefully
- draft an up-to-date, free-form curriculum vitae in English with a description of how you meet group-specific requirements
- briefly explain how you meet the above-mentioned prerequisites related to the task
- fill in the Declaration of Interest (DoI) form carefully
- fill in the Nomination Form carefully
- send the forms, CV, and the brief description of meeting the prerequisites related to the tasks to FIMEAPHARMACOPOEIA@fimea.fi
The registration period for candidates will end on 5 September 2022.
Fimea is the Finnish pharmacopoeia authority and will draw up a list of Finnish candidates. Not all those who have registered as candidates may be selected for the list. Members will be formally appointed at the meeting of the European Pharmacopoeia Commission in November 2022.
Contacts by e-mail: FIMEAPHARMACOPOEIA@fimea.fi
Declaration of Interest (DoI)